[Koha] Patron Self registration system preferences

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Sat May 28 05:55:08 NZST 2022

Koha 21.11.o5
I'm finding contradictory information regarding Patron self registration
with email verification.
What I would like to do - be able to delete self registrations that are not
completed (not verified by email) using a cron job.
What I don't want to do - delete patron accounts that are in the default
self registered category, that have completed the email verification.
The manual says:
"Do not use a regular patron category for this, as any patron who has not
completed the registration verification process will be deleted by the
cleanup_database.pl script after the number of days indicated in
PatronSelfRegistrationExpireTemporaryAccountsDelay, including regular
patrons who have not registered online."
Meanwhile the system preference says:
"*Delete users still in the category indicated by
PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory"*
So what does this really do?
Elaine Bradtke
VWML <https://www.vwml.org>
English Folk Dance and Song Society <https://www.efdss.org>
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)