[Koha] Very, very beginner question: Followup

C.S. Hayward c.s.hayward at protonmail.com
Sat May 14 07:26:42 NZST 2022

Having added a first test item, I thought I would try to add to the catalog the dozen or so books that happened to be on a desk on the library.

I tried to search by ISBN, and the next two books were at least technically findable on Amazon by ISBN, but did not come up in the Z39.50/SRU search. They were, respectively:

St. Tikhon's Seminary Press: The Great Book of Needs, Volume III: The Occasional Services, South Canaan: St. Tikhon's Seminary Press, 1999, 1-878997-58-0

Cavarnos, Constantine, Modern Orthodox Saints: St. Cosmas Aitolos, Belmont: Instirute for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, 1971, 0-914744-29-1

The library contains books that people have heard about, and obscurities.

If a book does not come up by ISBN, how should I be approaching entering a book for which I can find standard bibliographic information? Would it be appropriate to click on "New Record," populate a record with the fields I have (possibly incomplete) and then try to save, navigating to any mandatory fields I haven't filled in?

Thanks,