[Koha] Problem with the Koha Upgradation

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 13:34:48 NZDT 2022

Excerpts from Shiva Kumara's message of 2022-03-07 12:57:51 +0530:
> {UNKNOWN}: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate column name
> 'letternumber'  at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 1118.

I ran into this problem recently when I upgraded Koha 3.16 to the latest stable Koha.
I fixed this by commenting out the following statement in updatedatabase.pl and restarting
koha-upgrade-schema:

    $dbh->do("ALTER TABLE overduerules_transport_types ADD COLUMN letternumber INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER id");

You will probably run into another error:

{UNKNOWN}: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't DROP INDEX `isbn`; check that it exists  at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 1118.

I fixed this by commenting out these two lines in updatedatabase.pl:

        $dbh->do( "ALTER TABLE biblioitems DROP INDEX isbn" );
        $dbh->do( "ALTER TABLE biblioitems DROP INDEX issn" );

--
One possible reason why things aren't going according to plan
is that there never was a plan. --Ashleigh Brilliant