[Koha] ElasticSearch and Multiple Reindexing Failures​

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:18:31 NZDT 2022

Hello, Aleisha!

    In our latest exchange, on 7 Mar 2022 at 08:00 [JST], I received the
following from you through the Koha discussion group:

The correct query to rebuild the index is:

> sudo koha-elasticsearch --rebuild -d -v library
>
> Looks like you were close, just missing the --rebuild flag!
>
> -d drops the current indexes which is why nothing is showing for you now.
>
> Hope that helps!

    I'm afraid it did not. I see the same errors that I reported on 4 March
2022. Besides, I had included --rebuild in various attempts, and I forgot
to include such inclusion in last week's report.

Unable to resolve host ...
> There were errors during indexing.
> Use of uninitialized value $sub6 in pattern match ...

    Well, we're moving to a new server. Perhaps recreating the entire
database from scratch with this version, reloading the bibliographic and
authority records, circulation tables, etc. will resolve whatever errors
that make this version barely usable.

    I even tried decommissioning ElasticSearch and installing it anew, but
that did nothing but confuse the poor OS about ElasticSearch's location,
especially the headers. Now it asks for JAVA_HEADER.

    Thanks anyhow.

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.