[Koha] ElasticSearch and Multiple Reindexing Failures​

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:57:21 NZDT 2022

All,

    I am preparing my library's catalog for a move to a new server this
summer. I have been correcting cataloging errors en masse, and uploading
them into the catalog through Tools -> Stage MARC Records for Import. The
records upload and I can call them up through clicking on the record number
link and I can find through a catalog search. I can also download the
records through Tools -> Export Data.

    However, I can find NOTHING through Authorities -> Search Authorities.
It doesn't matter how I search: Default, Personal Name, etc. NOTHING turns
up. I have reindexed the entire database through

> koha-elasticsearch -d -v library

but again NOTHING turns up when I search in Koha. Throughout the reindexing
process, I see errors like

Unable to resolve host ...
There were errors during indexing.
Use of uninitialized value $sub6 in patter match ...

    Nonetheless, it seems to proceed to index.

    Yesterday, the entire database vanished. (This morning, I opened under
the previous day's clone.)

    What is going on with this database? Is there a way to fix this? I
cannot understand what I do wrong because it happens almost every day. I
would appreciate an answer.

    Running Koha ILS v. 20.05 on Debian 9 "Stretch".

    Thanks.

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.