[Koha] Adding an encryption_key to koha-conf.xml

Mike Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Sat Jun 25 22:21:20 NZST 2022

Hi All

Just upgraded tonight from Koha 21.11.05.000 to 22.05.00-1
That all went fine.

The About Koha page now says:
"Warning: You are missing the <encryption_key> entry in your
koha-conf.xml file. Please generate a key."

I can see a place for this is the koha-conf-site.xml.in file (and a
suggestion to use pwgen 32) but how do you process this to the
koha-conf.xml files for each site?

The "pwgen 32" suggests this should be 32 characters and is itself just
something that no one should be able to guess. So I can can just put
anything in there that is long and complex?

I could not find anything about this is the docs or wiki or recent
emails, just the patch for it in the github repo via Google.

Thanks
Mike