[Koha] Multiple simultaneous connections to SIP2

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Wed Jun 22 00:41:57 NZST 2022

We have a content provider, Lyrasis, attempting to use a SIP2 connection
to our Koha server to do user authentication.  Lyrasis claims that our SIP2
server is not able to handle multiple simultaneous connections, but
but I could not reproduce the problem with my own test scripts.  I was
wondering if anybody else had run into this problem.

Here's what they're saying about the problem:

"So long as we don't have more than one active connection, when we send
the login message with or without the `rpl` location code and with or
without error detection, we get the same successful login response
message (94) with `login_ok` set to `1` (success). Subsequent status
(99), patron status (23), and patron information (63) request messages
also return the expected results.

"But if we attempt to open more than one simultaneous connection, all
messages hang and timeout.

"Would it be possible to allow our service to establish more than once
connection? Our service runs on multiple servers, each supporting
multiple threads, so it is likely that we would, from time to time,
need to make multiple simultaneous connections to your SIP2 service."

--
I think I'll just sit here and wait
until life gets easier. --Ashleigh Brilliant