[Koha] Export tool failure Koha 21.11.03.000

Evan Stewart evanstewart406 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:06:43 NZST 2022

All,

Thanks.  After searching (and praying) I found the problem.  The export.pl
script was failing to load in the browser.  I checked the error log
"/var/log/koha/<instanceName>/intranet-error.log" and found this error:

[*cgid*:error] [pid 10306] (13)Permission denied: [client 174.22.2.20:53436]
AH01257: unable to connect to cgi daemon after multiple tries:
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl

I thought the "cgid" module was disabled because the error message
references "cgid", but when I tried to enable it my server showed it was
already enabled.  I assumed the "cgi" module was already enabled and so I
never checked on it.  Later into my troubleshooting I ran the enable
command for "cgi" and discovered it was disabled.  After enabling it and
restarting Apache, the export tool is now loading in the browser.

My local testing server had the cgi module enabled, but I never noticed the
difference with my AWS server until now.

(In case someone else encounters this problem with the export tool) Running
the following commands fixed the problem:

sudo a2enmod cgi
sudo systemctl restart apache2

-Evan