[Koha] Background jobs in Koha menu "Administration"

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Jun 21 00:48:02 NZST 2022

Hi

We saw in Koha 22.05 there is a new Koha menu "Administration > Manage
background jobs". Unfortunately there seems to be no entry in the Koha
manual 22.05 for it, also the context-sensitive help just leads to
https://koha-community.org/manual//21.11/en/html/ (this is in an
installation of Koha 22.05!).

However the shown list has a column "progress" which can say "1/1" or
"0/0" for example. What does ist mean? Library personnel thinks "0/0"
suggests that something went wrong even if column "Status" says
"Finished". Unfortunately clicking the button "View" does not show more
information like WHAT biblio or item exactly the entry is referring to.

We saw that Bywater Solutions wrote an article about this new menu (
https://bywatersolutions.com/education/koha-21-11-background-jobs-and-task-queue-enhancements
) but our question is not answered there. Can someone please enlighten
us what "0/0" means?

Best wishes: Michael