[Koha] Koha on Debian 10

Alen Vodopijevec alen at irb.hr
Sat Jun 4 02:46:45 NZST 2022

Hi!

It depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If you would like to install Koha you need Debian (or Ubuntu). It is
possible to create a virtual machine on Win11 using eg. Virtualbox ..
And afterwards follow the procedure of installing operating system and Koha.

Use the latest versions.. If have old Koha install then you will need to
upgrade it.

For example.. follow this post:
https://www.vijenderkumar.com/2022/05/install-koha-on-windows-through-virtual.html

--

Alen

On 03. 06. 2022. 16:08, Ah Win wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> We are a group of librarians from Myanmar and we need help fixing the
> problem of installing debian 9 or 10
> on a PC which has windows 11. We are helping one Buddhist University
> Library using Koha and now facing the hard time to install Debian.
> All guidance and suggestions are appreciated in advance. We are still
> learning and I hope that we will get the h
> Thank you and best regards,
> Ah Win
>

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 19:06, Clogher Historical Society <
> clogherhistory at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the replies, it seems that I need to be running Debian 9 (
>> Stretch) not version 10 (Buster)  but there is someone called: mtj on IRC
>> who is working on Debian 10.  There doesn't seem to be a downgrade option
>> in Debian so reinstalling the whole operating system is pretty awkward.  I
>> hope (MTJ) includes Debian 10 support soon.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Aindriú

Alen Vodopijevec

Odjel za informacijske tehnologije