[Koha] Question about connect Azure AD and Colleague

Scott Owen sowen at almaschools.net
Fri Jun 3 05:14:43 NZST 2022

  I haven't used it in a while, but I believe Koha can still use LDAP
to authenticate.
https://openschoolsolutions.org/koha-ldap-setup/

The one drawback to this was always :
The students had to login to Koha "1 time" before the account became active.
Being a K-12 school district....this was sometimes just 1 time too
many...and my staff never really bought into it.
(they wanted students to just show up with everything working...the 1 login
was a apparently just to much)
At the college level, that 1 time login might not be a big deal (?)

We use our SIS as our authoritative database, and do hourly SQL pulls to
add new students to our on prem AD.
Once they are in AD, the same scripts run GCDS and GAPS to create google
accounts etc...
IF we used LDAP.... this would provision their Koha account as well (the AD
sync that is).