[Koha] Failing authentication via CAS after update to Koha 21.11.09

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 18 21:22:04 NZST 2022

Hi Tomas

You wrote:

 > Are you sure the CAS server is functional?

Yes, when clicking "Log in using a CAS account" the login dialogue of
the CAS server appears, after logging in it can be proven that the login
there was successful.

But the Koha OPAC seems to think the login failed and it says "Sorry,
the CAS login failed." This seems to happen because Koha script
"Auth.pm" returns 1 for "invalidCasLogin" but I can't find out why.

 > Can you try pointing your Koha or a replica to the Apereo XAS demo
 > sites?

I found https://apereo.github.io/cas/index.html and I changed
"casServerUrl" to "https://apereo.github.io/cas/" but when I click "Log
in using a CAS account" there is a message "404 File not found" instead
of showing me a the CAS server dialogue.

 > For debugging, you should use
 >
 > warn "$variable";
 >
 > And look for those warns in the usual logs. Remember to restart plack
 > everytime you change the code.

This worked but due to my limited knowledge of Perl and the Koha
authentication process via CAS it didn't help me further...

Can maybe someone confirm that the CAS server login actually works with
Koha 21.11.09? As said we didn't change the CAS configuration since Koha
19.05.02.

Best wishes: Michael