[Koha] Failing authentication via CAS after update to Koha 21.11.09

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 11 23:41:03 NZST 2022

Hi

We are using Debian GNU/Linux 10 with Koha 21.11.09 (after an update
from Debian 9 and Koha 19.05.02).

Since the update the CAS authentication via Koha OPAC is no more
working. The content of system preferences "OPACBaseURL",
"casAuthentication", "casLogout" and "casServerUrl" has not changed; the
new preference "casServerVersion" ist correctly set to "CAS 2 or earlier".

It is possible to successfully log into the CAS server but when trying
to access the Koha OPAC via CAS ("Log in using a CAS account") the
response is always "Sorry, the CAS login failed." and the user is not
logged into his Koha account. The logs don't show no error.

I was checking all changes made in bugs 21973 22585 23771 20854 and
28417 but to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea how to debug this problem?

Best wishes: Michael