[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Re: Where to place RSS xml output?

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Thu Jan 6 06:37:00 NZDT 2022

Thank you, Tim.

I was just messing around and found I was also able to place the file into koha/opac/htdocs and access it with a URL like this:  http:// mycatalog.com/lastAcquired.xml.  That is fantastic.  A dedicated RSS directory like you created would probably be better.

However, the XML file that was created by rss.pl and lastAcquired.tt appears to be "malformed" and the book titles are all missing (I didn't alter the template; the titles should be included).  I imagine this is the reason Jonathan stated that the files should be removed from the codebase.   The titles all came out empty like this:  "<title>, by </title>"

Having had a look at the output, it looks like it wouldn't be difficult to adapt the existing files or come up with our own solution for building an XML that contains the fields we need.  Thanks again for your help!

Tasha Bales
Enterprise Services
http://isesi.web.boeing.com/

Library Services Catalog upgrade is coming!
For the latest news and FAQ regarding the upgrade, see Library Announcements.
Questions?  Please contact library at boeing.com.