[Koha] Do a federated search in OPAC

Raymund Delahunty r.delahunty at arts.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 19:36:30 NZDT 2022

Hello Pedro-
this may not be exactly what you are seeking, but we have incorporated a federated search tool in our OPAC, branded as Library Search. We offer searching the 'Catalogue' (Koha, currently Zebra) and also via 'Articles Plus' (using Explorit supplied by Deep Web Technologies). You can see how we incorporated the two services into the one interface at https://libsearch.arts.ac.uk.
We are on the Koha 20.11 version with lots of (challenging!) OPAC customisation but are preparing a new OPAC in preparation for our move to 21.11 where we are focussing hard on ensuring any customisations we retain do not break accessibility.
Ray Delahunty
University of the Arts London