[Koha] Lost ISBD File Yields BOOM

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:38:01 NZDT 2022

Hi, all!

    We encountered an ISBD view problem: The file turns up lost. Here are
the conditions that we have identified:

   - In OPACHiddenItemsException, the patron type is not listed as an
   excepted type.
   - The patron looks for a work in our collection through our catalog. We
   own a copy, so it isn't a matter that we don't own the title. Instead, 942
   ‡n = "1". Method of search does not matter: author, title, subject, word,
   call number all work fine.
   - The record is listed in the OPAC results.
   - The patron happens to select the version whose 942 ‡n = "1". The
   record, in Normal view, is rendered in the window. All three view tabs
   (Normal view, MARC view, ISBD view) are listed.
   - The patron clicks on ISBD view. BOOM!

Here's the output from Koha.

Software error:

The method Koha::Item->lost is not covered by tests!

Trace begun at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Object.pm line 780
Koha::Object::AUTOLOAD('Koha::Item=HASH(0x5637bb245f10)') called at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Item.pm line 478
Koha::Item::__ANON__ at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Item.pm line 478
Koha::Item::hidden_in_opac('Koha::Item=HASH(0x5637bb245f10)',
'HASH(0x5637bb191908)') called at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Biblio.pm line
258
Koha::Biblio::__ANON__ at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Biblio.pm line 258
Koha::Biblio::hidden_in_opac('Koha::Biblio=HASH(0x5637ba6cbfd0)',
'HASH(0x5637bb2460a8)') called at
/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-ISBDdetail.pl line 91

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

Clicking on MARC view or Normal view does not render the above bug.
Pressing the back arrow restores the record's listing and all other OPAC
features. If we change the patron's type to one in
OPACHiddenItemsException, or if add the patron's type to
OPACHiddenItemsException, the ISBD bug vanishes in subsequent searches for
the work that produced the error after the changes propagate through Koha.

We would say this is a bug, and an extermination request will be filed.

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.