[Koha] koha-z3950-responder and item status

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Mon Feb 14 06:08:33 NZDT 2022

I've been fighting with the Z3950 responder for several years now.  In
particular, I want get it to respond with a 952$k field that gives an
item status as "Available" or "Checked out".  In the past (prior to
19.11) I've had to install my own version of ByWater's Z3950
responder, and invoked it with something like this:

  /usr/share/koha/bin/z3950_responder.pl --add-item-status=k tcp:@:9999

Now it seems that in recent Koha, you're supposed to start the Z3950 responder
with /usr/sbin/koha-z3950-responder.  But this script doesn't seem to
offer any equivalent to --add-item-status=k.  So when I use yaz-client
to query an item, I see that 952$k is indeed missing:

  952    $0 0 $1 0 $2 ddc $4 0 $6 F_HEG $7 0 $8 FICTIONA $9 910 $a VSNY $b VSNY $c FIC $d 2009-03-21 $l 0 $o F HEG $p 3VSNY00001973A $r 2020-04-09 $t 1 $w 2009-03-21 $y BK $x FSC at aR@c19990908

I've looked in the files in /etc/koha/sites/INSTANCE/z3950/config.xml,
and don't see anything relevant.  How do I get 952$k to appear?

--
I wish I had done some of the hard things
when they were easier to do. --Ashleigh Brilliant