[Koha] ISSUE with Umlaut

Russel G. P. Shihepo russellgeeps at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:04:11 NZDT 2022

Dear Community

I have a prepared data set in excel format (.xlsx), some of it contains
umlaut (German texts)  and click sounds symbols of African languages such
as field 245, and  260. But whenever I import the file to MARC editor
through the Delimited Text Translator, I lose all the umlaut and
punctuation marks for click sounds in the data.
Does anybody have a clue or alternative method that can be used to take
records from excel files to MARC editor without losing umlaut?

Regards
Russel Shihepo
*Librarian*
*Africa/Namibia*