[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Re: Thesaurus not working for "used for/see from"

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Tue Aug 23 03:36:24 NZST 2022

Thank you. I appreciate your replies. Unfortunately I already had that preference enabled since we first installed Koha and we’ve reindexed a few times since then. We use a Elasticsearch and I did note that the 450 was not indexed, but not sure it needed to be. I did index it as both, If I remember correctly since I’m having computer issues right now, a “match” and “see from match”.  After reindexing bibs and authorities that didn’t seem to have any effect on OPAC search, but it did I think have an effect on being able to search for terms using the authority browse. Maybe we just have something weird with our installation. I don’t think there’s anything else I can figure out to do.

Tasha

> On Aug 21, 2022, at 20:11, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> EXT email: be mindful of links/attachments.
>

> Enabling the syspref requires a full reindex, BTW.
>
> Good luck
>
>> El dom, 21 ago 2022 a las 7:34, Katrin Fischer (<katrin.fischer.83 at web.de>)
>> escribió:
>>
>> Hi Tasha,
>>
>> see from headings are not automatically included in catalog searches.
>> Have a look at the IncludeSeeFromInSearches system preference.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Katrin

>>> On 09.08.22 22:40, Bales (US), Tasha R wrote:
>>> Good afternoon, I'm looking for tips to solve an authority record
>> problem.
>>>
>>> I noticed that none of my "used for/see from" headings are hyperlinked
>> when I browse authorities in Koha.  If I attempt a search for one of these
>> unlinked terms, no results are found-the thesaurus isn't working.  Surely,
>> something must be wrong with the MARC authority record, but I'm not sure
>> what and I'm looking for suggestions!
>>>
>>> I load authorities, but don't maintain them.  I'm not sure what the
>> problem could be, after comparing to the MARC standard for authorities and
>> a couple examples in OCLC.  These records functioned fine in Millennium.
>> Does Koha expect/require additional metadata to make these metadata
>> searchable?  Perhaps it is a Global System Preference that is incorrect?
>>>
>>> Here is an example of a record I just loaded from OCLC, below.  My
>> expectation is that if I search my OPAC subject index for a phrase that is
>> in one of the 450's below, I should retrieve any bib records with a 650
>> field that contains "Brined cheeses", but no results are found.  Maybe I am
>> completely misunderstanding how authority records work?
>>>
>>> 000
>>>
>>> 00675cz a2200217n 4500
>>>
>>> 001
>>>
>>> oca02939087