[Koha] Rebuild database / clean install

Father Vlasie fv at spots.edu
Thu Aug 11 17:29:17 NZST 2022

Hello everyone!

I would like to migrate to a new Koha installation. On my current install I am seeing a lot of errors (mostly, I think, due to using cpan to install perl modules which means I often have the wrong versions :( ). I also have some auto-increment related problems in the DB.

I am thinking of doing a fresh install and moving the Koha data over. However, all of the tutorials I have found recommend doing a mysqldump and then slurping that into the new DB. If I want to avoid bringing DB problems along from the old install will that method not be problematic?

Is there a way to export the data to a different format and rebuild the SQL from that? (Maybe the export command under admin>tools?)

I have not seen any documentation regarding my concept of a clean install hence my decision to write to the list.

Thank you in advance for any feedback or suggestions!

Father Vlasie