[Koha] Very, very beginner question: Sample MARC record

C.S. Hayward c.s.hayward at protonmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:40:10 NZST 2022

I am trying to make a trial run at cataloging, and it's turned up information that I don't know how to populate.

The book I picked up is "The Bible and Holy Fathers for Orthodox", ISBNdb entry at https://isbndb.com/book/9780962253607. Most of the entries in the catalogue will be books, with some periodicals and maybe coverage of relevant websites.

I clicked on the "Books..." entry under "New entry"; that gives me a form with the following fields as required:

000  ? - LEADER
005  ? - DATE AND TIME OF LATEST TRANSACTION
008  ? - FIXED-LENGTH DATA ELEMENTS--GENERAL INFORMATION
040  ? - CATALOGING SOURCE > Transcribing agency

What should I be doing to fill at least these out? Does "Z39.50/SRU search" or "Link authorities automatically" provide a way to populate from existing question?

Thank you for any orientation and advice.

Thanks,
Br. C.S. Hayward, author and apologist, and more importantly novice at St. Demetrios Orthodox Monastery