[Koha] How to copy patron permissions?

Michael Sutherland sudrland at vt.edu
Wed Apr 27 09:47:36 NZST 2022

Greetings!

I do not believe that's correct.  You may create a patron list with
specific permissions for that group; when you add the patron to that list,
then they'll have whatever permissions you assigned to that list.  I do
this for staff and student workers who have different permissions.  Our
students may not adjust budgets or have acquisition access, but may have
certain circulation functions, for example.  You're likely not giving a
large group of people permissions for the staff side of Koha, so it's
quite manageable.  We have around 37,000 students and more users if
faculty/staff are included, but only around a few hundred library
staff/faculty/students; not all of those are granted permissions.

Best,
Michael
*Michael J. Sutherland*
Virginia Tech | University Libraries