[Koha] VM move shut-down/start-up activities?

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Wed Apr 27 09:46:12 NZST 2022

Good afternoon,

My IT department will be migrating my Koha installation from one VM to another.  They call this a "lift and shift."  I will not be installing Koha or taking special steps to migrate the database, they are just moving it all intact to another server, same IP address.

I'd like to ask what shut-down or start-up activities you all might recommend.  FYI, we are not using the Debian packages; we are on Oracle Linux and Koha 20.11.

With my old Millennium system, it was customary to shut down both the application and Apache before database or server maintenance.  Then, you had to start those up after the work was complete.

Any recommendations to shut down anything besides Koha? Plack?  On restart, I presume I'll need to start the OCLC Connexion daemon, but that's all I expect to have to do at this point; presuming Koha and Plack start up on their own.

Thanks for any input you may have.  We are doing the development server first, so hopefully that will reveal any problems.

Tasha Bales