[Koha] Display of Damage Status (952 ‡4)

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:56:39 NZST 2021

Hi, all!

    My library has a fairly significant number of books with yellowing
paper. The books are still usable -- we would withdraw it otherwise -- and
we plan to keep them in circulation until the paper turns brown or brittle.
We have marked such books with the appropriate damage value in 952 ‡4.

    Unfortunately, this has led to confusion among some staff and almost
all the patrons because Koha reports the books

        "Availability: No items available: Damaged (1)."

    We would like to show a different statement, something akin to:

        "Availability: every item available but 1 damaged."

    The latter would mean that all items are available for circulation but
one is damage. Of course, if all items are available but none is damaged,
the notice would read "Availability: every item available."

    Is this possible? Might the OPACHiddenItems list be a solution to this?

    Many thanks, everyone!

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.