[Koha] Batch check outs timing out after upgrade and migration

Matthew Lindfield Seager matthew.lindfield-seager at hope.edu.kh
Tue Sep 14 18:55:22 NZST 2021

Hi Katrin,

Memcached is installed and running according to the About Koha page.
Following the second lot of instructions at
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_memcached I can see
that it has been handling requests. I also compared the old server (post
upgrade to 21.05) with the new server and both have the same configuration
in `/etc/memcached.conf`. According to the about page configuration is
coming from koha-conf.xml but I'm not sure where to find that file (and it
doesn't seem like Memcached is the culprit so I didn't bother installing
mlocate to find it).

The only mentions of Plack I can see are on the Perl Modules info page:

   - Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxy (0.14) - 0.16
   - Plack::Middleware::LogWarn (0.001002) - 0.001002

I could not find any info in the Wiki about Plack other than the ~2017 Plack
page <https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Plack> and a brief mention on
the Performance page <https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Performance>. Is
there anything I need to do to enable it?

Both old and new server have a single warning on the System information tab:
"System preference 'KohaAdminEmailAddress' does not contain a valid email
address. Emails will not be sent."

Comparing the Server Information page for the old server (which is super
slow after the 21.05 upgrade but doesn't time out) with the new server
(which is super slow AND times out), the only differences are:

   - Minor Koha version (old server is 21.05.02.003, new server is
   21.05.03.001)
   - Slightly different kernel release and version (old is
   5.4.0-84-generic, #94-Ubuntu; new is 5.4.0-81-generic, #91-Ubuntu)
   - Different MySQL versions (old is "mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib
   10.3.31-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2", new is
   "mysql Ver 8.0.26-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 for Linux on x86_64 ((Ubuntu))"

Thanks so much for some additional places to look for issues! If something
in there gives a clue or if anyone has any other suggestions for things to
check I'm all ears!

Matt