[Koha] Off-site storage

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 11:04:00 NZDT 2021

Hello, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org>!

    In our latest exchange, on 27 Oct. 2021 at 08:00 [JST], I received this
from you through the Koha Discussion Group:

Belatedly I discovered that only one status will display and the
restricted status
> field hides 'not for loan'. Though the information is still there in the
> staff interface. I don't think this will be a problem. But you folks on
> the coal face may feel differently.

    I'm curious: Is that the problem you are trying to solve, to show
offsite storage, a status, and the restriction-of-access or not-for-loan
value in the same column?

    By the way, I did notice that the OPAC does display only one status
while the staff mode displays all of the ones assigned. I guess what is
displayed follows a hierarchy of states. And some persons may be concerned
about information overload because if you erect too many signs, people --
staff and patrons alike -- stop reading.

   Well, nice exchange.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.