[Koha] Blood group field

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 00:01:32 NZDT 2021

Sagar,

The ***only*** thing that is *MUST* on a library card are the name of
library branch and the member id.

Everything else is extra and poses a tremendous risk and liability (for the
issuing authority) if a lost / stolen card is used for identity theft.

The global trend and standard is to keep as little identifying information
as possible on a library access card OR information that only makes sense
when used within the system of the card issuing library / library network.

The real reason why library cards in India used to pile on so much data on
the member card was because most of our systems were manual OR not online
and the card carried most of the crucial identifying information.

You are free to make any suggestion, but it is unlikely that Koha
developers would work on including blood group as a borrower information
field.

-idg

On Sat, 23 Oct, 2021, 4:17 pm Sagar Londhe, <sagarlondhe1998 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Respected Gupta sir,
> Thank you for your suggestion. I think we shall recommend developers to
> add the blood group field for patrons in the next koha version. Blood group
> field is must for patron card.
>
> Regards,
> Sagar
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sagar,
>>
>> Koha DOES NOT provide any field for blood group of the borrower. If your
>> koha installation is providing it as part of the borrowers table, it is a
>> local customization and you will need to ask whoever has customised your
>> Koha.
>>
>> People who need to use custom fields for their patrons usually following
>> one of two ways
>>
>> (a) use a patron extended attribute (recommended)
>>
>> (b) repurpose an unused borrowers table field.
>>
>> hth,
>> Indranil Das Gupta
>> L2C2 Technologies
>>

>> On Sat, 23 Oct, 2021, 4:03 pm Sagar Londhe, <sagarlondhe1998 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Greetings !!!
>>>
>>> I am working on patron card and would like to add the blood group of the
>>> patron on the card. please guide me about the exact SQL name for the
>>> blood
>>> group field.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --