[Koha] Koha and OpenBSD

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:14:45 NZDT 2021

Hello, Tomas!

    I don't know what the exact complaint about the rapid application
development system is, but the instructions about Koha's running on OpenBSD
do mention integration problems with yaz, etc. OpenBSD 7 does come in quite
a few flavors of chip: AMD, Intel, etc. I think even a Apple M1 flavor is
in development. Installing OpenBSD in a virtual machine is, therefore, a
potential option.

    I suppose somebody with decent skills could fix that, but I don't have
such skills. And I don't ask anyone to do so since we can download the code.

    It's just curiosity.

    In any event, in our latest exchange, on 18 Oct. 2021 at 07:54 [JST], Tomas
Cohen Arazi wrote:

I bet the main challenge is the availability of yaz/zebra and friends.
> Talking about OpenBSD on x86_64?
>
> El dom, 17 oct 2021 a las 19:37, Charles Kelley (<cmkelleymls at gmail.com>)
> escribió:

Hi, all!

>>     I've been watching an installation video about OpenBSD. I got curious:
>> has Koha been tried on OpenBSD and/or the other BSD and Unix descendants?
>> found online instructions for installation of Koha on OpenBSD, but the
>> instructions are for v. 2 and v. 3.
>>
>>     It's just curiosity on my part. I know that Koha is written for a
>> Linux
>> and when I asked the analogous question about a rapid development
>> application that can generate Linux applications, the response I read was
>> that the console Linux applications would run okey in OpenBSD, but not the
>> desktop and web ones.
>>
>>     So my question again: Does Koha run under OpenBSD?

Tomás Cohen Arazi
> Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)
> ✆ +54 9351 3513384
> GPG: B2F3C15F

    Thank you, Tomas!

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.