[Koha] Reason to define Koha item type in 942

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 03:02:40 NZDT 2021

Hi Tasha,

942$c - defines the type of material the bibliographic record represents,
sort of like it's GMD (general material description). Has no bearing on
circulation of material. Stored as marcxml in biblio_metadata.

952$y - defines the item-level item, and is used mandatorily for Koha's
circulation rules which work as a permutation of (a) branchcodes (b) patron
categories and (c) item-level item types. Stored as itype column in items
table.

Hope this helps
Indranil