[Koha] stack number cannot be stored in Koha 21.05

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Oct 7 09:27:48 NZDT 2021

Hi Katrin

 > ah ok, that was a local change then?

Yes, it definitely seems so.

 > Because it looks like it has always been tinyint:

https://git.koha-community.org/Koha-community/Koha/src/branch/master/installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql#L3015

https://git.koha-community.org/Koha-community/Koha/src/branch/18.11.x/installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql#L932

https://git.koha-community.org/Koha-community/Koha/src/branch/3.2.x/installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql#L994

Yes, I had checked that already.

 > varchar should work on database side, I am not aware of a code side
 > check, but there could be one.

Well, it doesn't... that's why I thought of a possible code side check...

 > Anything helpful in the logs maybe?

No, unfortunately I couldn't find anything and I'm fed up doing further
tests. My plan for now is to address the guy I suspect to be responsible
for this (I didn't mention it but he even wrote a Perl script to
automatically fill MARC 952$j with the next free number - including a
letter).

 > Maybe worth checking if deleteditems was altered as well.

"deleteditems" has datatype tinyint.

Many thanks again for your input!

Best wishes: Michael