[Koha] Excluding fields from the OPAC search

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Oct 6 23:50:44 NZDT 2021

Hi

In our library we use Koha 18.11.01 with Debian GNU/Linux 9.

Is it possible to switch off fields in the OPAC for the keyword search
or for the search in general so that they cannot be searched? (e. g.
MARC 952$e the source of acquisition, or MARC 952$x the non-public note)

How do other libraries deal with the fact that, for example, the source
of acquisition unnecessarily inflates the search result?

Best wishes: Michael Kuhn