[Koha] 404.pl

Raymund Delahunty r.delahunty at arts.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 20:20:56 NZDT 2021

Hello Keith-

We recently stumbled across quite a few 404.pl errors, and the cause is believed to be a conflict between OpacHiddenItems and bibliographic record suppression. I advised my colleagues: “In OPAC, where if a user has a link saved to a record that has been made suppressed (maybe they have it in the circulation history), and they click on that link they receive a horrid 404 error, rather than the much nicer ‘blocked’ error (the text of which is controlled by a Koha setting OpacSuppressionRedirect)”.

I have gone through and removed the bibliographic level suppression from as many records as I can, when all items are force-suppressed. We have a number of records we need to leave suppressed as in addition to lost items we have ‘library-staff only’ copied. That's mildly irritating.

But now we have lots fewer 404 errors.

Ray Delahunty
University of the Arts London