[Koha] Koha with Centos7

John Fawcett john at voipsupport.it
Sun Nov 21 05:58:56 NZDT 2021

On 18/11/2021 10:17, Russel G. P. Shihepo wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is Koha ILS is compatible with Centos 7, Please advice?
>
> Russel Shihepo
> Notitia Systems cc
> Namibia - Africa

Hi Russel

I originally tried doing an install on Centos when I did my first
install around a year ago. The reason was that it was for a proof of
concept and I wanted to reuse an existing server that had spare
processing capaicity. I am sure that with enough persistence it would
have worked out, but it was just too much of an uphill journey compared
to the ease of the installation process on Ubuntu where there are
packages already available and tested. So I took the route of setting up
a separate server where I could install Ubuntu.

My assumption is that the majority of installations are done on Ubuntu
and it is tried and tested combination. I also assume that most
installations are dedicated servers that run only koha so that choice of
operating system is not a show stopper.

best regards

John