[Koha] Disabling holds

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Nov 10 01:57:43 NZDT 2021

Hi

In our library we use Koha 21.05.01 - we want to disable holds completely.

Koha system preference "maxreserves" ist set to 0.

In Koha menu "Administration > Circulation and fines rules" there is
only one rule, with the following settings:

* Holds allowed (total): 0
* Holds allowed (daily): 0
* Holds per record (count): 0
* On shelf holds allowed: If all unavailable (other possibilities are:
Yes / If any unavailable)
* OPAC item level holds: Don't allow

With all these settings it is still possible to go to a record with an
item attached to it and then place a hold, both in staff client and
OPAC! There is no warning or error when trying to do so.

How is it possible to disable holds completely in Koha?

Best wishes: Michael