[Koha] auto_increment DB issue

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Tue Nov 2 06:32:41 NZDT 2021

Good morning,

Per our System Information, we are affected by the DBMS auto_increment issue described here: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix.  We didn't (cannot) install from the Debian packages.

I notice the fix involves setting the next auto_increment number to the greatest of either the max biblionumber in biblio or deletedbiblio.  However, we have been using the cleanup_database cron job to clean out deletedbiblio.

I'd like to check my understanding.  I think in order for the above fix to work, we'd need to stop cleaning deletedbiblio.  Is that right?  Otherwise, I think we might have a situation where we delete the last biblio, then clean deletedbiblio 10 days later, then on the 11th day, we create a new biblio, which would get assigned the same number as the record we'd last deleted.  This would probably be rare, as long as we cataloged something before deletedbiblio got cleaned out, but I just want to be sure I understand.

Thanks for your time!

Tasha Bales
Enterprise Services
http://isesi.web.boeing.com/