[Koha] KOHA INTERGRATION

Lennon Mazonde lennon at kohasupport.com
Tue Nov 2 06:05:31 NZDT 2021

Hi Steve,

Koha has two fields where you can store an item's value - 952$g
(purchase price) and 952$v (replacement price). You can create an SQL
report in the reports module to total the value of these fields, which
would give you the total value of your collection (assuming that you
added the required field data to all of your items). Here's an SQL
statement you could try - you can modify it better suit your needs (I
recommend using the Guided Reports module unless you're comfortable with
writing SQL statements):

        SELECT sum(items.replacementprice),sum(items.price),
        items.itemnumber,items.barcode,items.itemcallnumber,biblioitems.isbn,biblio.title,items.replacementprice,items.price

        FROM items LEFT JOIN biblioitems on
        (items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber) LEFT JOIN
        biblio on (biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber)

        GROUP BY items.replacementprice,items.price

        ORDER BY biblio.title asc

Now, the more difficult question is what to do with your board? I don't
have any magic answers for that but perhaps you could start by creating
a list of pros/cons for/against Koha or integrated school management
system (it would be helpful to know the name). It may even turn out that
the board is right  - I have my doubts, in my experience bundled systems
tend to be Jacks of all trades and masters of none, but it's better if
you do the research.

I hope this helps and all the best with your board!

Lennon Mazonde
www.kohasupport.com
lennon at kohasupport.com
WhatsApp @ (+1) 717.489.0195