[Koha] Migrating data from Zebra to Elasticsearch Koha server

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Fri May 14 07:25:45 NZST 2021

Good afternoon,

I am working on implementing Koha and need to migrate to a different server.  My current server is set up for Zebra, but the new server is set up for Elasticsearch.  I was planning on copying the entire koha database using mysqldump and loading it to the new server.  Now I'm worried that the difference in indexes will mess something up or lead to corrupt data on the new server.  Because of this, I'm considering importing only specific tables, and populating the system preferences by hand.  I will also reload biblios and authorities instead of importing them.

Any tips or insight as to whether I am about to corrupt all my data by doing this?  Thanks for your time!

Tasha R. Bales | Business Support Team
Information Services | Enterprise Services
Enterprise Operations, Finance and Sustainability
https://is.web.boeing.com