[Koha] Koha and Shibboleth

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu May 6 22:42:07 NZST 2021

Hi

In order to use Shibboleth with Koha 20.11 on Debian GNU/Linux 10 I
searched for information about the necessary configuration. The Koha
manual doesn't say anything about Shibboleth, but I found
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Shibboleth_Configuration which
seems to be the only source of information on this.

I followed the information until section "Enabling Shibboleth for your
Virtualhost" where it says "Important: Before moving on from this
section, you should be able to visit this address and see an xml file
download, with no errors shown in your browser:
https://kohaserver.yourdomain.example.com/Shibboleth.sso/Metadata"

Command "shibd -t" says: overall configuration is loadable, check
console or log for non-fatal problems

According to
https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/master/C4/Auth_with_shibboleth.pm
I inserted the following into the Apache configuration file
<instance>.conf to tell Apache to allow Koha (with Plack running) to
authenticate via Shibboleth:

   <Location />
     AuthType shibboleth
     Require shibboleth
     ShibUseEnvironment Off
     ShibUseHeaders On
   </Location>

Replacing "kohaserver.yourdomain.example.com" with the actual domain I
tried all sorts of configuration but all I ever get is just the
following message instead of the expected XML:

  Sorry, the requested page is not available
  Error 404

What may be the cause for this? Is maybe the directory/file
"Shibboleth.sso/Metadata" not existing, but how to create it?

Best wishes: Michael