[Koha] Newly cataloged materials alerts?

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Tue Mar 30 07:19:41 NZDT 2021

Does Koha have a feature that allows users to get email alerts about materials that are new and/or updated?

I'm looking for something like Millennium/Innovative "Preferred Search", which allows users to save a search, and get emailed at regular intervals with matching results.

In our current system, the trigger that identifies "new" records is an update to the "cat date" field in the record.  Therefore, users get emailed about records that are both new and updated/recatalogued.

So far, it looks like Koha would either offer RSS feeds, or else permit using an Item Type (this would not work for us-the "trigger" needs to be date-dependent), to achieve this kind of functionality.

Are there other options for getting this kind of behavior for individual users (perhaps 200 people), who only care about specific call number series, or specific items, that have been updated, say, in the last week?  Maybe it exists and I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks so much for your time,

Tasha R. Bales | Information Services Support