[Koha] lockdir variable in koha config file

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Sat Mar 20 08:31:53 NZDT 2021

I am still seeing some issues with the variable "lockdir" in the
koha-conf.xml file. I'm getting the message:

The configured <lockdir> entry in your koha-conf.xml file points to a
non-writable directory (/var/lock/koha).

What is unclear is *WHO* needs to write to this directory, which might
change where I say the lockdir directory is located. In my case, on boot
up, the ownership of /var/lock/koha is set to root with mode 755. So,
there, few have ability to write to the directory. But, there may be
subdirectories that can be updated, depending upon who needs access. No
combinations have yet worked for me, however.

There is no mention of lockdir in the documentation for 20.11 and the only
thing we could find was some bugzilla updates. And yet, it is seen as
something to warn about.

Can whoever added it to the code also add it to the documentation?  And
explain what it is supposed to be used for and who needs the write access?

Thanks,
Tom

--
*Tom Hanstra*