[Koha] Koha common upgrades fails as rabbitmq service is not running

Mike Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Sun Jun 27 00:24:16 NZST 2021

Hi

I have a problem with our library and RabbitMQ.
Koha version: 21.05.00.000 on Debian 9.13

During the latest update just tonight ....

Setting up koha-common (21.05.00-1) ...
Upgrading database schema for library       <== this instance is
disabled
Upgrading database schema for libtest2      <== this instance is running
OK
Plugin configuration unchanged.
Applying plugin configuration to rabbit at asf3... failed.
   * Could not contact node rabbit at asf3.
     Changes will take effect at broker restart.
              --offline - do not try to contact broker.
  Job for rabbitmq-server.service failed because the control process
exited with error code.
  See "systemctl status rabbitmq-server.service" and "journalctl -xe" for
details.

systemctl shows rabbitmq service is not running and it cannot start
because:

# cat /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log
ERROR: node with name "rabbit" already running on "asf3"

and in the intranet About Koha / System Information for instance
libtest2 says:

   Impossible to connect to the message broker
   There is an error when trying to connect to the message broker
(RabbitMQ), check the Koha log files.
   Maybe it is not installed and configured correctly?
   Contact your system administrator.

In /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf  all options are commented out.

When this instance was installed last year there was nothing that
suggested that this needed to be configured.

I also see in worker-output.log I'm getting:
Error connecting to localhost:61613: Connection refused at
/usr/share/perl5/Net/Stomp.pm line 26.

I'm not sure if this is a firewall issue or not. I am running the stock
Debian fail2ban.

Thanks
--
Mike