[Koha] New Koha install - legacy import question

Jon Witts jwitts at queenmargarets.com
Fri Jul 16 20:06:12 NZST 2021

Hi there,

I am a new Koha user and have just set up and installed a new Koha instance
for our school library. We are running on a single Ubuntu server and I
followed the Ubuntu/ Debian install documentation and installed from the
packages.

I am now trying to import our catalogue from our legacy system (Softlink
Alice) and have run into some issues...

In the MARC export from our legacy system the details for each item are
stored in the 852 fields, specifically:
* 852,k = Item Library name / location
* 852,h = Item classification i.e. F for fiction or 242 for non-fiction
Dewey code
* 852,i = Item suffix i.e. CAR for author Frank Carr
* 852,p = item barcode
* 852,t = item copy number

I thought that I could use the "Koha to MARC Mapping" to edit this, but
after adding the new mappings in I get an error in the "MARC
bibliographic framework test", specifically:

*ALL items fields MUST :be mapped to the same tag,and they must all be in
the 10 (items) tab*

On the "Koha to MARC Mapping" page it states "If you make any change to the
mappings, you must ask your administrator to run
misc/batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl.", however when I run
the /usr/share/koha/bin/batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl script I get the
following errors:

*unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 188.Use of uninitialized value in
concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Templates.pm line
154.Use of uninitialized value $db_name in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 91.Use of uninitialized value
$db_host in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 91.Use of uninitialized value
$db_name in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 91.Use of uninitialized value
$db_host in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 91.Use of uninitialized value in
concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth_with_cas.pm line
42.Use of uninitialized value $db_name in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 91.Use of uninitialized value
$db_host in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 91.Use of uninitialized value
$INC[-1] in string eq at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Plugins.pm line 37.*

Am I going about this the wrong way? How should I be mapping these 852
fields into the 952 / items fields in Koha?

Many thanks,
Jon

Jon Witts
Director of Digital Strategy

 <http://queenmargarets.com/>
01904 727600 queenmargarets.com
<http://queenmargarets.com/>
Queen Margaret's, Escrick Park, York YO19 6EU

*Come and be inspired... * Let us arrange a personalised virtual tour
tailored to your requirements and chat to our Head and find out what a QM
education can offer your daughter. Visit
*queenmargarets.com/admissions/book-a-visit
<http://queenmargarets.com/admissions/book-a-visit>*, call 01904 727630 or
email admissions at queenmargarets.com <mailto:admissions at queenmargarets.com>
to find out more.

<https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/schools/queen-margarets-york/BA324CF#tab_review>