[Koha] requesting help with 1) where is public opac once staff is installed; 2) run cron jobs

David Lesniaski dalesniaski at stkate.edu
Thu Jul 1 04:32:59 NZST 2021

Hi Everyone

These are two pretty straightforward questions so if you want to reply to
me directly, please feel free to do so.

I finally got the staff install of Koha 20 up and running.

If the staff interface is at *libraryname-intra.domainname.org:8080
<http://libraryname-intra.domainname.org:8080>*
where is the public interface?

I thought it would be at
*libraryname.domainname.org <http://libraryname.domainname.org> *
 but it's not.  I just get the "Apache is working" page.  I'm guessing
something is missing in some script ... but I have no idea where and am not
finding anything useful in the documentation.
THe /etc/hosts file has the IP for the library and the library-intra
The /etc/koha/sites/koha-sites.conf   file is empty.  Should something be
here?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

2) running cron jobs

OK, so according to what I've see in the documentation, cron jobs are
supposed to be in /bin or /misc

Nope.

In /etc I did find the directories
cron.d
cron.daily
cron.hourly
cron.monthly
cron.weekly

and the file
crontab

Is this what I'm looking for?
I would like to run the job
link_bibs_to_authorities.pl

where is this and how do I run it?  Again, the documentation is not really
helpful in getting started here.  What does the actual command line code
look like for this particular job (assuming I can find it somewhere in some
directory ...)

-- David

Dr. David Lesniaski
Associate Professor