[Koha] Age restriction no longer working?

Sue McMillan sue.mcmillan at STDC.govt.nz
Tue Feb 9 08:01:42 NZDT 2021

Good morning,

I did some more testing and investigating on Friday and worked out the issue.

We were using FSK 13 is Marc field 521$a  It turns out that in the Koha version we are using 19.11.07.000 FSK is no longer a valid term to be used under agerestriction in the administration setup.  When I changed a couple of the books to PG 13 and entered the term PG in the agerestriction field in admin, Koha successfully stopped issues to under 13's again.

Ngā mihi

Sue McMillan
Kaiārahi Whakarārangi Pukapuka me ngā Whakahaere Pūnaha | Cataloguing and Systems Administrator
Te Kaunihera ō Taranaki ki Te Tonga | South Taranaki District Council
46 High Street | Private Bag 902, Hāwera 4640, NZ
Waea/Phone: +64 6 278 0555 | 0800 111 323 | www.southtaranaki.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Koha <koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz> On Behalf Of Katrin Fischer
Sent: Sunday, 7 February 2021 1:32 AM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Re: [Koha] Age restriction no longer working?

Hi Sue,

I just tested this on the latest development version and it will works here. Could you maybe share some more information?

What I did in order to test:

- Set system preference AgeRestrictionMarker to FSK
- Went to the bibliographic frameworks and made sure 521$a was set to be visible in OPAC, editor and staff interface
- Went into the Koha to MARC mappings and set 521,a for biblioitems.agerestriction
- Changed one of my records to have 521$aFSK99 $aFSK 99
- Made sure my patron was under the age of 99
- Tried to check the item out and got: Age restriction FSK 99 | FSK99.

What is the exact version of Koha you are using? Did it stop working after an upgrade? Could there have been any changes to your frameworks or the mapping?

Maybe something to check first is that the age restrictions are still stored correctly in your database via the mapping. Something like this for a test record:

SELECT agerestriction FROM biblioitems WHERE biblionumber = XX

Hope this helps,

Katrin