[Koha] Framework ACQ causes mutilated special characters

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Feb 4 10:30:58 NZDT 2021

Hi Caroline

 > When I had this problem, had to do with the leader (field 000) the the
 > ACQ framework. The leader (position 9) indicates the character
 > encoding.
 > If it's not there, Koha freaks out and mangles the special characters.
 >
 > So to solve your problem, add field 000 in your ACQ framework.

This was my first idea as well but unfortunately it didn't change the
behavior. Also field 000 isn't shown in the section "Catalog details"
when creating a new order. But it is shown when opening Koha menu
"Administration > MARC frameworks > ACQ".

When opening the record with framework ACQ no field 000 is shown.

When opening the record with standard framework (what happens when
showing the cataloging view directly after creating an order) field 000
is there with correct value "a" in position 9.

But in both cases special characters in MARC 245 $a are mutilated.

May I ask you to export and send me the CSV file of framework ACQ you
have created? Maybe there is some difference in our frameworks.

Best wishes: Michael