[Koha] search results inconsistent with items.location

Giuseppe Angilella Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Fri Dec 24 19:04:48 NZDT 2021

Hi,

(using Koha 21.11.00.000 on Ubuntu 18.04)

from the administrator's interface, when a catalogue search yields several
results, the listed "location" is sometimes not up to date.

Checking a given bibliorecord, I can see that the "location" for the item
in question is updated. I have to "edit" the item in question, confirm the
location (which was actually correct), save it again, and then the search
results gives the correct location for that item.

It seems that "location" (items.location) is saved in some other table
(other than "items"), which is where the Search looks for. At some point
of system upgrading, the two tables may have lost synchronization, which
has to be restored manually for some items.

Which are the two tables I should look at in the database (one is
"items"), in order to identify any extant inconsistency?

Many thanks!

Giuseppe.