[Koha] log4j

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 14 14:42:49 NZDT 2021

Hi Tasha

Koha itself doesnt, but if you are using ElasticSearch as the search
engine that does, so you will want to patch your ElasticSearch servers.

You are correct there is a mention of log4j in the shibboleth config,
but it doesn't use log4j.

"Shibboleth does not use log4j. We ship a bridge for it to slf4j but
that's not vulnerable, the bug is in log4j itself. We allow (in theory)
the IdP to be manipulated to log to log4j through the slf4j API but we
don't ship that or provide any code or examples for doing that."

https://shibboleth.net/pipermail/announce/2021-December/000253.html

Chris