[Koha] Dynamic XSLT labels based on framework "Text for OPAC"?

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Wed Dec 1 12:34:37 NZDT 2021

Good afternoon,

I'd like to check my understanding on MARC frameworks.  In my frameworks, I've changed the "Text for OPAC" of various fields, and they display as desired in the "MARC view", but not in the "Normal view".  I am sure this is occurring because these are local 9xx fields; I had to customize the Detail XSLT to get them to show up at all in the OPAC.

My question is... how can I get the XSLT to use the text that is defined in the Framework for this record?  For instance, I have several frameworks that contain a 926 field, but each framework has a different "Text for OPAC".  Is it possible to add a test below?  Just now I tried deleting the label text entirely to see what would happen, but Ctrl+f5 and/or trying in a new browser doesn't reflect my results (a different mystery I am sometimes flummoxed by).  As always, if this is too complex a question, even a pointer would help.  Thanks in advance.

Here is my XSLT (sometimes, "Original Release Date" is correct-other times, "Date of Basic" is needed-it all depends on the framework):

<xsl:if test="marc:datafield[@tag=926]">
            <xsl:for-each select="marc:datafield[@tag=926]">
                <xsl:call-template name="chopPunctuation">
                  <xsl:with-param name="chopString">
                    <xsl:call-template name="subfieldSelect">
                        <xsl:with-param name="codes">a</xsl:with-param>
                    </xsl:call-template>
                   </xsl:with-param>
               </xsl:call-template>
                    <xsl:choose><xsl:when test="position()=last()"><xsl:text></xsl:text></xsl:when><xsl:otherwise><xsl:text>; </xsl:text></xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose>
            </xsl:for-each>
       </xsl:if>

Tasha Bales
Enterprise Services