[Koha] Batch edit to control fields?

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 04:13:20 NZST 2021

Thanks so much, Caroline! Good excuse to brush up on my French.

Have used MarcEdit before, but not for this, so your instructions will
be vachement utiles :-)

Btw, we've been using the report below to identify which records have
issues w/ the 008/33. However, the ExtractValue statement is pulling
spaces rather than the actual values.

Would be grateful for any suggestions on why the SUBSTRING &
ExtractValue statements don't appear to be working well together.

All best,

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library

SELECT SUBSTRING(ExtractValue(metadata,'//controlfield[@tag=008]'),33,1)
AS LitForm, i.itemcallnumber, i.itype, i.ccode, CONCAT('<a
href=\"/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=', biblionumber,
'\">', biblionumber, '</a>' ) AS bibnumber
FROM biblio_metadata
LEFT JOIN items i USING (biblionumber)
ORDER BY i.biblionumber DESC, i.itemcallnumber