[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Re: Search/List RSS feeds (trigger? add call number?)

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Tue Aug 24 02:18:02 NZST 2021

Thanks for your reply, Katrin.

Your comments on including a call number in an RSS make perfect sense.  We could use a bibliographic attribute instead, such as technical report number in 027, thus my attempt to sub in "report-number" for isbn. I don't know if I'm on the right track with respect to syntax (i.e., what are the possible terms that could be subbed in for isbn?), but I haven't tried 001 or 035 yet; I will give those a try too.

I am surprised by the behavior of the "Subscribe to this list" RSS.  I was really hoping that would allow for reappearance in the feed if an item in the list was edited.  Thanks for your suggestion to file an enhancement request (is that just a bug report, or is there a separate option for enhancement requests?).

If anyone has knowledge of what code we would look at in addition to opac-opensearch.tt and opac-search.pl, please advise.  Maybe there is something we can tweak fundamental to RSS to allow for reporting on records with an 005 that is >= a specified value.  I believe we could use a custom feed, but I think that would only work for users on a case-by-case basis, which would be unmanageable.  Thanks again for your time.

Tasha Bales
Enterprise Services
http://isesi.web.boeing.com/